Not everyone is an expert on cars, but most people know that changing out your tires regularly can help prevent your vehicle from spinning out of control and causing an accident. Tires that are bald or just not in good condition can be a serious threat to the safety of the passengers. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, reports show that 9 percent of passenger cars on U.S. roadways are driven with at least bald tires. At Utah Ford Dealership’s we believe in keeping drivers safe by educating people on how to recognize a tire that needs to be changed.
Signs Your Tire Is Dangerous
- Tread depth less than 1/16 of an inch.
- Cracks in the sidewall of your tires.
- Blisters on the outside of the tire.
- Driver experiences bad vibrations while driving.
Safety Tips Recommended by Utah Ford Dealers
- Check your tread depth frequently by using the penny trick.
- Change out your tires seasonally.
- Get your tires checked periodically by a Utah Ford Dealer.
- Before you drive always glance at your tires and look for signs that your tire may be low or ready to blow out.
- If your tires feel strange while driving, pull over as soon as possible.
If you still aren’t sure whether it’s time to change your tires or you want to have a professional take a look at your vehicle, visit a Henry Day Ford Dealership in Utah today. If you can’t make it in, consider visiting us online at http://www.henrydayford.com/index.htm.