No one wants to get anywhere near a car accident, let alone be in one. Car accidents can be extremely dangerous, even fatal. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration, roughly 30,000 fatalities occur each year due to car accidents. The amount of fatalities from car accidents is extremely hard to deal with, but at Henry Day Ford we feel that providing safety tips to drivers and raising awareness of just how important safe driving really is, we can prevent potentially life-threatening situations. Whether you live in Utah or not, there are some significant things that drivers can do to avoid accidents. Below we’ve listed some guidelines to follow that will drastically decrease your risk of becoming involved in a car accident.
Objects that contribute to car accidents
- Blind spots
- Cell phones
- Loud music
- Emergency vehicles
Safety tips recommended by the dealers at Henry Day Ford
- Before you start the engine, make sure the warning lights are off, such as the gas line, engine coolant and engine light.
- Pay attention by checking your side mirrors and rear-view mirror, using your peripheral vision and constantly looking around and listening.
- Even when you have a green light look both ways before you enter an intersection.
- Take care of distractions before you start the car. Send a text message or make a phone call before you leave the garage; once you have started your car put all distractions away and focus on the road.
- Use your signals before you change lanes and give your signal enough blinking time for other drivers to see that you have signaled.
If you want more tips on how to avoid an accident and be a safe driver, visit a Henry Day Ford dealership today. If you cannot make it into a Henry Day Ford dealership, visit us online at www.henrydayford.com.